Mobile Adoption FAQs:
What do I need to adopt from the adoption van?
Our adoption process for the van is the same as at the shelter. The adoption application requires:
- a personal reference
- contact information for your landlord, leasing company, building office, or superintendent (to verify that pets are allowed)
- your vet's information (only if you already have pets)
- all members of your household should be present to meet the pet
Can I take a pet home on the same day?
Cats can usually go home on the same day if we are able to get in contact with your references and your application is approved. Dog adoptions usually take 2-3 days to process. If you already have a dog, we ask that you bring him or her down to the shelter to meet the dog you'd like to adopt.
What are the fees?
Adoption fees are:
- $150 per adult cat
- $175 per kitten or $250 per pair
- $250 per adult dog
- $350 for puppies under 1 year
Summer Lovin' Cat Adoption Special!
All cat adoption fees are reduced to $20 through labor day
Fee covers spay/neuter, vaccines, microchip and NY license.
Corporate adoption events
Animal Haven would love to plan an adoption event sponsored by and/or run by your coworkers and staff. The event can be in-house for your company or for the public. We kindly request a $100 donation to cover our van costs for the event. O Magazine and the Times Square Business Improvement District held the first two of these events.
If your company would like to host an adoption event or suggest a location for an adoption event - Contact Us